Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Kevin Tie

Points Earned
2860

Service Project to Receive My Points
Anti-Bullying Organization

Description of this Service Project
https://www.icivics.org/impact/anti-bullying-organization-south-africa

Why I Donated my Points to This Service Project
Having been bullied myself, those experiences still linger with me today, and I believe this is a major issue that must be dealt with.

What I Thought About the Game (Reaction/Feedback/Comments)
This game really gives you insight into something as public as an election. One thing I had to keep thinking about was choosing whether to stand up for the voters, choosing whether to agree with your own party values, and/or choosing whether to stand up for yourself and what you believe in.

At the Start of the Semester, I Asked You to Answer the Questions Found at isidewith.com. What Candidate did you Side With the Most Back Then?
I was 84% with Hilary Clinton, but Bernie Sanders came in close at 80%.

Of the Candidates Still in the Race Today, Which One Do You Think is Most Likely to Win the White House?
Hilary Clinton.

Last Chance to Comment About The Presidential Election of 2016. Anything You Want to Say? About the Process? The Ads? The Primaries? Electoral College? Your Hopes and Dreams for the Next President of the United States? 
I think this year's presidential election stands out for me and a lot of my peers because not only have most of us reached the voting age we are also about to enter that new chapter in our lives known as college. There are a lot of things associated with college, but one thing that always seems to stick out to us is costs and debt. As a result, with Bernie Sanders' radical policies and his campaign for the presidency, I believe that this year we will see the highest voter turnout from the younger generation since the 26th Amendment was passed.

No comments:

Post a Comment