Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Michael Mok

Points Earned
2860

Service Project to Receive My Points
Anti-Bullying Organization (South Africa)

Description of this Service Project
https://www.icivics.org/impact/anti-bullying-organization-south-africa

Why I Donated my Points to This Service Project
I donated my points to this service project because I want to help bring awareness to bullying. Preventing bullying not only protects people physically, but emotionally too. 

What I Thought About the Game (Reaction/Feedback/Comments)
The game taught me what a candidate needs to balance his/her views to get the most amount of voters. I couldn't campaign in some states because my views didn't match with theirs. It also taught me the importance of money in an election.

At the Start of the Semester, Eighteen Weeks Ago, I Asked You to Answer the Questions Found at isidewith.com. What Candidate did you Side With the Most Back Then?
Decline to state

Of the Candidates Still in the Race Today, Which One Do You Think is Most Likely to Win the White House?
I think Hillary Clinton will win. Economy trends have been relatively positive in recent times, giving a good reason to keep a Democrat in the White House. Also, Trump has a polarizing effect on the Republican party. I believe faithful Republicans who dislike Trump will create a third party for the fall and split the conservative vote. This would ensure a win for Clinton.

Last Chance to Comment About The Presidential Election of 2016. Anything You Want to Say? About the Process? The Ads? The Primaries? Electoral College? Your Hopes and Dreams for the Next President of the United States? 
As of now, both candidates' favorables are below 50%. Many believe that this election is about choosing the "lesser of two evils." However, I was taught by my father that "everything in life is a compromise." In the same way, each candidate has their own views that align with yours or not. If all else fails, one can always vote straight ticket.


No comments:

Post a Comment